This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to build

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM
VS2012 sp3.

When I clean and rebuild the solution, I get this error:
Error 1 The "CtoResourceMerger" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'I:\Work\VSSpellCheck\Source\VSSpellChecker\obj\Debug\VSSpellChecker.cto'.
File name: 'I:\Work\VSSpellCheck\Source\VSSpellChecker\obj\Debug\VSSpellChecker.cto'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.IO.File.OpenRead(String path)
at Microsoft.VsSDK.Build.Tasks.CtoResourceMerger.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext()

Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated...
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM
See the System Requirements section on the right of the Documentation page. It lists the requirements for development. This package was developed under VS 2010 and relies on a package that doesn't appear to be available for VS 2012 (the VSPackage Builder Extension). The .cto file is some sort of binary file generated at build time so sending it to you wouldn't do any good either.

Sorry, but I do not plan on using VS 2012 since I need to develop for the lowest common denominator (VS 2010) which allows the package to run on it and the later versions of Visual Studio. If you're trying to add or fix something, let me know and I can always make the necessary changes for the next release.

Eric
Aug 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I read the System Requirements, and thought I had installed the necessary pieces. (I also assumed that if it built with VS2010, it would build with VS2012...) I'll see if I still have VS2010 installed.